Faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, able to bend steel in their bare hands! It’s not Superman, but close! It’s FitnessTech – the conference and exhibit area at the 2015 International CES. At our exhibit area and day-long conference, you’ll immerse yourself in technology to let you train better, play harder, run faster, stay fit and stay safe. The quantified self, the movement to monitor the data acquired by measuring the inputs and outputs of your body, are at the heart of this revolution.
Now in its 5th year at CES, Fitness Tech brings top celebrities and trainers as well as the newest gear and gadgets all to keep you healthier and in better shape. Our signature Battle of the Bands puts the new crop of fitness devices to the test, and our Fitness App Showdown looks for the hottest newcomer.
Whether you’re an elite athlete, a weekend warrior or someone looking to shed a few pounds this amazing new marketplace, FitnessTech is where you’ve got to be.
Growing by Leaps and Bounds
More than 17 million wearable devices will be sold in 2014. Wearable fitness devices are expected to top $1.2 billion in sales. For health conscious people, devices that help quantify everything from walking to swimming to muscle tone are the “it” items to own. From gym training floors to social networks to corporate America — fitness and tech are becoming more closely aligned than ever.
Whether you’re an elite athlete, a weekend warrior, someone looking or to shed a few pounds or someone who is interested in being a part of this amazing new marketplace, Fitness Tech is where you’ve got to be.
It’s a jam-packed day that’s sure to get your adrenaline pumping. Here’s a sneak peak at some of the conference programming.
- Next Generation Predictive devices: Those simple step trackers have evolved and now they can tell you not only that you are exercising but when to exercise, what exercise is best for your metabolism and how much exercise you need to maintain and improve your degree of fitness.
- Healthy Tracking:- Fitness device companies are teaming up with Insurance companies and corporate America to keep Healthcare costs down and employee performance at a maximum which opens up a whole new set of challenges. We are taking a look at how these newly formed partnerships are maximizing your data, protecting your privacy and keeping insurance costs manageable.
- Elite Fitness Training: We are asking the experts how they are getting their clients and teams into the best shape possible through data collection and technology based training.
- Minimizing Risk and Maximizing Performance: Extreme workouts need protective gear. Technology is helping to create the devices that are both raising our awareness and keeping us safe so that we can perform at our peak capabilities.
- Crowdfunding: Kickstarter and Indigogo have created a new generation of start-ups in the FitnessTech industry. We’ll take a look who has been successful, how they did it and how crowd funding is changing the playing field.
- Off the Rack and into the Gym: New fabrics and embedded sensors in our workout gear can measure everything from steps taken to calories burned, heart rate and even provide a personal coach. The new wearable tech market is designed to make us run faster, jump higher all while staying sweat free.
- Health Clubs/Personal Training: Emerging technology has created a new world for personal trainers, health clubs and the companies who make the equipment. We are going to talk about how these new technologies are creating a more open and fun-filled work out environment whether its at home or in the gym.
- Swimming in the Shark Tank: Pitch the perfect sports/fitness app to a VC or a panel of judges. May the best app win!
Opportunities are still available to participate in the 2015 FitnessTech Summit and Exhibit, Please contact Julie@sportsandfitnesstech.com
Next stop, Vegas! Stay fit my friend!